What is the best blender? Our top pick of the overall best blender in 2024 is the Vitamix Professional Series 750. Read our full review to see who else made the cut so you can buy the best blender for smoothies, protein shakes, margaritas, and more.
A personal blender is a fantastic product that can help you do all sorts of things. It lets you crush ice, blend up frozen fruits, make hot soup, and is excellent for smoothie making. Needless to say, this product is one of the must-have kitchen appliances in modern times. However, there are so many options to choose from - how do you know which one is the best blender?
We've conducted a whole host of reviews to figure this out. Overall, our findings conclude that the best blender money can buy right now is...the Vitamix Professional Series 750. When everything is taken into account, Vitamix blenders simply reigns supreme. Speaking of which, what factors do you need to look for when choosing a personal blender for silky smoothies or hot soups? During our review process, we looked at the following:
- Value for money
As a result, we've narrowed down your search for the best blenders! Before we dive into each product and why they've been selected, here's our list of the top 8 blenders on the market based on specific use cases:
The Top 8 Blenders 2024
- Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender - Best Blender Overall
- Blendtec Original Designer Series Blender - Best Modern Blender
- Vitamix Explorian E320 Blender - Best Blender For Most People
- Ninja Professional 1000 Watt Blender - Best Budget Blender
- Beast Blender - Best Design
- NutriBullet Pro 900 - Best Small Blender
- KitchenAid Cordless Immersion Blender - Best Immersion Blender
- NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender Combo 1200 Watt - Best Combo Blender
Each of these products boasts a list of pros and cons that make them the best around in each category. If you keep on reading, you'll see exactly what we thought about these blenders during the blender testing process.
1. Vitamix Professional Series 7500 Blender
Brand - Vitamix
Vitamix is well-known for its powerful and durable blenders, and the Professional Series 750 is the absolute juggernaut of blenders. There are a couple of Vitamix blenders on this list, but the Professional Series 7500 is the pick of the bunch and a proper full size blender. Yes, it is one of the most expensive portable blenders the company currently offers, retailing at just over $500, and jut a step above the Vitamix 5200. However, it represents exceptional value for money when you consider what it does.
It's used in professional kitchens thanks to its 64-ounce capacity and incredibly sharp laser-cut, stainless steel blades. This Vitamix blender is one of the most powerful high performance blenders out there (1600 watts), capable of blitzing up pretty much any ingredient you can think of - even the toughest nut butter and crushed ice!One of the most useful things about it is that it has FIVE settings you can choose and press depending on what you need. These settings are smoothies, soups, frozen desserts, purees, and self-cleaning. That's right, you can turn this blender on and it will clean itself - this is not something you see in most blenders. So, you have a product that's more than capable of crushing ice, blending smoothies, and acting as a portable blender food processor combo. Add an excellent warranty to the equation and it's absolutely no surprise that this is one of the most-coveted Vitamix models around right now.
We tested the Vitamix Professional Series 7500 by making a matcha smoothie with frozen strawberries, blueberries, and a banana, using the smoothie setting. This was such an easy task for the Vitamix 7500, I could almost hear it laughing at me while it mixed up the smoothest matcha smoothie in all of 10 seconds. There is nothing special about the looks of the blender, but it sure gets the job done well. However, all of this does come at a premium price.
- Big capacity
- Extremely powerful blender food processor combo
- Self-cleaning function
- Small enough to fit in your kitchen cabinets
- Versatile blender
- Very good warranty
- Might be a bit too expensive for some people
- There are blenders with bigger capacities out there
Size: 8.5"D x 17.25"W x 8.5"H | Quality: High Quality | Effectiveness: Extremely Effective | Price: $549.99
2. Blendtec Original Designer Series Blender
Brand - Blendtec
We've picked the Blendtec Original Designer Series as the best modern blender you can find on the market today. It's a sleek and powerful blender with some really cool features that make it seem almost futuristic.
Blendtec advertises this as an all-in-one gadget that can replace many kitchen appliances. It's a great smoothie blender, can help you make juices, and is even capable of mixing up bread dough. The whole interface is what makes this a fantastic choice, giving you LED touchscreen buttons to control the speed settings and choose any of the six pre-programmed options. These options include sauces & batters, ice crush & margaritas, smoothies, ice cream, whole juice, hot soup & fondues. All you have to do is touch the button for each setting and it's pre-programmed to blend at the ideal speed and duration.
To go alongside this, there's a really modern LCD timer that lights up and tells you how much time is left on each blend. It's little things like this that make it the best modern blender you can find. Plus, the whole design just looks very contemporary and refined. It's the type of product that fits well inside a modern kitchen and can be a brilliant countertop blender. Oh, and its not short on power either, rated at 1560 watts!
8 manual speeds & a pulse setting
6 pre-programmed settings
Can easily handle frozen drinks & ingredients
One of the most powerful blenders
Excellent modern design & touchscreen
Still quite expensive for most people
Not capable of chopping other foods
Only has a 36-ounce capacity blender jars
Size: 9.25"D x 15"W x 7"H | Quality: High Quality | Effectiveness: Very effective | Price: 449.95 | Comfort: Pretty Comfortable
3. Vitamix Explorian E320 Blender
Brand - Vitamix
When you are looking at personal blenders, you want something that does multiple jobs and comes in at a decent price. The Explorian is certainly the best personal blender in this category. It does a whole load of stuff, meaning it provides wonderful value for money.
It is a manual blender, so you have to keep an eye on things as they whizz up. However, it offers an affordable blender alternative to the one mentioned earlier. A 48-ounce container is big enough for most people to get along with very easily. This is combined with a 2 HP motor that is one of the most powerful around. It enables the blender to handle tough ingredients, almost doubling up as a food processor in some cases. You can use it to blend ice cubes, as a blender for smoothies, or to mix up hot liquids - like soups or pasta sauces.
The pulse feature is really good, letting you have a coarser blend of the ingredients. This is ideal if you are making chunky sauces or thicker soups. Again, like other Vitamix models, it is self-cleaning. Simply add some soap and warm water to the blender, turn it on for a minute, and it will be nice and clean.
- Capable of doing almost anything
- Really impressive value for money
- 10 variable speed settings
- Can replace multiple kitchen appliances
- Easy to store in your kitchen
- Manual only blender
- No pre-programmed settings
- Does look a bit old-school
- Very tall
Size: 11 x 8 x 18 inches | Quality: Great Quality | Effectiveness: Highly effective | Price: $349.99
4. Ninja Professional 1000 Watt Blender
Brand - Ninja
If you're looking for the best blender for small budgets, there is no question that the Ninja Professional is head and shoulders above the rest. Rolling in at around $100 - sometimes less if you can find a deal - it is easily the cheapest option on this list.
1,000 watts of power can deliver high-performance blending at your leisure. It is particularly good if you need to crush ice, giving an almost snowlike texture after blending. As such, it deals with frozen fruits easily, meaning you can whip up some really tasty smoothies whenever you like. This comes with a massive 72-ounce blender jar too, offering one of the largest capacities of all blenders. That's impressive in its own right, but it's even better when you consider how cheap this product is.Speaking of the jar, it is dishwasher safe and can be cleaned in there with your other plates and stuff as required. Of course, it does have some flaws, but that's expected for the best blender in the budget category. It doesn't handle certain ingredients too well, so it's probably not an ideal choice if you like making nut butter or blending really fibrous kale. You also can't mix hot ingredients, so keep all of this in mind before you choose to make a purchase. But, if you want a cheap high-powered blender that can make smoothies on-demand, this could be for you.
- Extremely affordable
- Excellent value for money
- Impressive power for a cheap blender
- Great capacity
- Modern design
- No pre-programmed settings
- Lacks the versatility of other blenders
- Can't handle hot ingredients
- Very tall
Size: 9.5 x 7.5 x 17 inches | Quality: Good Quality | Effectiveness: Somewhat effective | Price: $79.99
5. Beast Blender
Brand - BEAST
Usually, blenders all have very similar designs. However, the Beast Blender definitely stands out from the crowd. It features one of the most unique designs you are likely to see, with an effortlessly stylish blender jar that can be taken off and used as a drinking bottle. It has a really interesting lid attachment too, complete with a carry handle so you can make green smoothies and take them around wherever you wish to go.
Don't get it twisted, there's more substance to this blender than its design. Sure, that is the standout feature, but it's also a very quiet blender that you can use at any time. Like the previous blender, this one boasts 1,000 watts of power to blitz things up with ease. It's a very handy portable blender for making smoothies, and it even monitors the internal temperature to avoid overheating. So, unlike the previous option, you can use it to make hot things.
With only one power setting and manual controls, it's hardly the most advanced of all the blenders out there. Still, if you want something stylish, simple, and affordable, this is a brilliant product to think about.
- A unique and highly stylish design
- Really good power
- A great personal smoothie blender
- Nice lid attachments
- Capable of handling hot foods
- A nice portable size
- Only has one speed setting
- Lacks any automatic controls
- Only offers 25 ounces
Size: 4.92"D x 4.92"W x 15.75"H | Quality: High Quality | Effectiveness: Quite effective | Price: $165.99
6. Nutribullet Pro 900
Brand - Nutribullet
If you're after a really good portable blender, the NutriBullet Pro 900 is one of the best options you can find. It is a wonderfully compact product, coming in at just 5 inches wide, 5 inches deep, and 14 inches tall. It's the perfect blender to hide away in your cabinets and pull out whenever you need it. Or, it's small enough to be a kitchen countertop blender that doesn't take up loads of space.
A really underrated feature of this product is that it gives you two capacity options when you buy it. There's a 24-ounce one and an 18-ounce one. Granted, these aren't the largest capacity options on the market, but it's nice to have a choice.
With 900 watts, it is powerful enough to handle a whole range of ingredients. Most people claim that it blends well enough to deal with nuts, celery, ginger, and other tough ingredients. Unfortunately, despite having sharp blades, it is not suitable for crushing ice. If you crush ice regularly, look for a different option.
Nevertheless, it's affordable, portable, and possibly the best smoothie blender for its price.
- Small and portable blender
- Two personal blending cups included
- Powerful motor
- Very adept at smoothie making
- Perfect for blending smoothies quickly
- A budget buy
- Only one power setting
- No automatic pre-programmed settings
- Not good at ice crushing
- Can't handle frozen strawberries and other frozen fruit
- Not ideal for frozen cocktails
Size: 7.72 x 12.01 x 15.94 inches | Quality: Good Quality | Effectiveness: Very effective | Price: $69.99
7. KitchenAid Cordless Immersion Blender
Brand - KitchenAid
What are immersion blenders? Effectively, they are handheld blenders that you can use for many different purposes in the kitchen. This KitchenAid blender is the top product in this particular category as it makes handheld blending an absolute breeze.
Unlike most blenders like this, it is cordless, so you don't have to worry about a long cable getting in your way. It's very lightweight too, and fits in your hand perfectly - you won't get sore while using this. Unlike other immersion blenders, it is super powerful and can be used to blend up sauces, soups, and anything else you can think of. It also took the number one spot on our list of the best immersion blenders to buy!
During our tests, we particularly enjoyed the removable pan guard that you can attach to this KitchenAid blender to protect your pans while blending. It also comes with a blending jar, so you can use this as a smoothie maker too. There are variable speeds too, meaning it's a handheld blender with plenty of capabilities. A wonderful choice if you don't have enough space for a bigger blender.
- Very powerful for a handheld blender
- Comes with some good accessories
- Multiple speeds to choose from
- Can blend anything from sauces to drinks, and even scrambled eggs
- An affordable option
- Obviously lacks the capabilities of countertop blenders
- Can sometimes cause a lot of mess if used incorrectly
- The power decreases when the battery is low
- Can't be used for crushing ice or coffee beans
Size: 2.5"D x 3.56"W x 16.3"H | Quality: Good Quality | Effectiveness: Quite Effective | Price: $84.99
8. NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender Combo 1200 Watt
Brand - Nutribullet
Finally, we have this offering from NutriBullet as the best blender food processor combo money can buy. It boasts 1,200 watts of power, making it one of the most powerful blenders you can buy. Especially when you look at the price - at just a smidge over $120, you get wonderful value for money.
In terms of capacity, there's a 64-ounce blending jar that allows you to throw loads of different ingredients inside. Combined with the sharp blades and impressive motor, you effortlessly extract and blitz almost anything. It's good for making nut butters and can almost double up as a food processor. Crushing ice is simple here, and it even handles hot ingredients very well. So, whether you like making soup or crushed ice, this is a great option.
The personal blending cup is easy to remove and dishwasher safe, so you don't have to worry about cleaning it. We found this was one of the best blenders because it is so brilliant at making the smoothest smoothies while also handling different things. There's even a smaller cup to make your smoothies in, so you can use the bigger one for sauces, batters; you name it!
- A great combo option
- Excellent capacity
- Very high-powered
- A budget-friendly blender
- Makes amazing smoothies
- Lacks some controls
- Doesn't have preset functions
- Can be a bit big and clunky for some
Size: 16.9 x 15.6 x 9.1 inches | Quality: Good Quality | Effectiveness: Quite effective | Price: $149.99
How to Make a Matcha Smoothie With a Blender
Making a matcha smoothie with a blender is a delightful and refreshing way to enjoy the unique flavors and health benefits of matcha. For a full recipe make sure to check out our matcha smoothie recipe. Here's a simple recipe to guide you:
- 1 teaspoon of high-quality matcha powder
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen for a creamier texture)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or a non-dairy alternative
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or plant-based)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (optional, for sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A handful of ice cubes
Prepare Your Matcha:
- In a small bowl, sift the matcha powder to remove any lumps. Add a few tablespoons of hot water (not boiling) to the matcha and whisk until it forms a smooth, lump-free paste. Allow it to cool.
Gather Your Ingredients:
- Peel the banana and break it into chunks. If you prefer a colder smoothie, you can use a frozen banana. Measure out the Greek yogurt, milk, honey (or maple syrup), vanilla extract, and ice cubes.
Blend It Up:
- Place all the ingredients, including the prepared matcha paste, into a blender.
Blend Until Smooth:
- Blend on high speed until the ingredients are well combined and the smoothie reaches your desired consistency. If the smoothie is too thick, you can add more milk gradually until it reaches the right texture.
Taste and Adjust:
- Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness if needed by adding more honey or maple syrup.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Pour the matcha smoothie into a glass and savor the vibrant flavors. You can garnish with additional matcha powder or sliced banana if desired.
- Get creative with your matcha smoothie by adding extras like chia seeds, spinach, or a scoop of protein powder for an added nutritional boost.
Experiment with the ingredient ratios to suit your taste preferences, and feel free to customize your matcha smoothie with other fruits or superfood add-ins. Enjoy your delicious and energizing matcha creation!
Conclusion: The Best Blenders 2024
Every single product deserves its place on this list for many reasons. However, there's no doubt in our mind that the Vitamix Professional Series 7500 is the best overall blender on the market today. It packs a whole host of features into one package, meaning you effectively get a food processor and a blender rolled into one. If you want the absolute best of the best, then there's no question that this is the product to pick.
Of course, the choice is up to you. Feel free to read through our reviews again and select whichever blender has the best features for your particular needs. As always, at Matcha Connection we absolutely love matcha and most often, when we are using a blender, it's to make a matcha smoothie! Make sure you take a look at our list of the best matcha powders, and give one a try!
Best Matcha Powder
- Encha Ceremonial Grade Matcha
- Hand-picked from organic farm in Uji, Japan
- First Harvest Matcha - Vibrant green color
- Highest quality matcha, never bitter
- Our Rating: 4.9 of 5 stars
- Tenzo Organic Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Authentic Japanese Matcha
- Rich in antioxidants, helps boost metabolism
- Ceremonial Grade - Vibrant Green Color
- Pique Matcha - Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Harvested from a family-owned organic tea farm in Japan
- Increases energy and focus
- Highest-quality, shade grown ceremonial-grade
- Our Rating: 4.8 of 5 stars
- Kenko Matcha Organic Ceremonial Matcha
- Gold Class Ceremonial Grade Matcha
- Country of Origin: Japan
- First Harvest Matcha - Vibrant Green in Color
- Our Rating: 4.8 of 5 stars
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What brand of blender is the best?
Many blender brands exist, but Vitamix blenders are known to be the best around. An honorable mention should also go to both Ninja and NutriBullet.
Q. What is the best cheapest blender for smoothies?
The best budget blender is the Ninja Professional 1000-Watt Blender. It offers impressive power, great capabilities, and all for a very low price. For a smaller, more portable blender choice for smoothies, we would recommend the Nutribullet 900 pro.
Q. Are expensive blenders worth the money?
If you are using a blender regularly, then an expensive one is more than worth the money. These blenders are built to last and provide a variety of features that make your life easier in the kitchen.