Here at the Matcha Connection, we love matcha smoothies. So setting out to find the best matcha green tea smoothie was this writer's dream assignment!
Below we will share all of our favorite matcha green tea smoothie recipes and we will also share some awesome tips for making them!
Yes, we have tried all of these matcha smoothies on numerous occasions and ranked them on a number of criteria in order to determine our editor's choice for the best matcha green tea smoothie.
Some of these matcha smoothies are intended to be made with matcha, while others are common smoothie recipes that we simply added matcha to in order to create a matcha green tea smoothie.
By adding Matcha you can take advantage of the many health benefits of matcha, including the numerous antioxidants and the increased focus and mental clarity associated with matcha green tea.
Matcha has a very high concentration of the amino acid L-Theanine which balances the effects of caffeine.
Even though matcha contains more caffeine than other teas, with matcha you get the alertness from the caffeine, but without the shakiness and crash associated with it.
Instead you get a calm alertness with extreme mental clarity.
No more 3pm crash!
As you may know, there are different grades of matcha green tea powder ranging from Ceremonial grade, which is best for making matcha green tea, to Culinary grade, which is best for making smoothies and other recipes. You can use ceremonial grade for smoothies, but it is much more expensive and not necessary. We highly recommend using Encha's Culinary grade matcha powder for your matcha smoothie needs!
You can see our guide to the Best Matcha Green Tea Powder here.
Best Matcha For Smoothies
- Encha Ceremonial Grade Matcha
- Stone-ground ceremonial grade matcha powder
- Premium first-harvest ceremonial grade matcha
- Highest-quality flavor, never bitter
- Our rating: 4.9 of 5 stars
- Tenzo Organic Ceremonial Matcha
- Authentic Japanese Matcha
- Rich in antioxidants, helps boost metabolism
- Lab Tested for Purity
- Users rating: 4.8 of 5 stars
- Pique Matcha - Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Purity Tested
- 100% Japanese Matcha
- Organically Grown on Family Owned Tea Farms
- Users rating: 4.8 of 5 stars
Cuzen Matcha Maker
- Cuzen Matcha Maker
- Grind Fresh Organic Matcha Leaf Just Before Brewing
- Organic Matcha Leaf From Japan
- Super Convenient Way To Make Matcha With Fresh Ground Matcha Leaf
- Users rating: 4.7 of 5 stars
Before we get to the smoothie recipes, I just want to take a quick second to talk about the blenders that we use for making our smoothies here at the Matcha Connection. Check out our full list of the best blenders!
We have found the the best blender for preparing matcha green tea smoothies is the NutriBullet. We also like the Vitamix, but it is much more expensive. The NutriBullet really shines when you are adding leafy greens like spinach and kale.
Best Blenders for Making a Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
Alright already! Let's get on with the best matcha green tea smoothie recipes!
Smoothies are a great way to get matcha into your diet when you are trying to use matcha for weight loss!
Top 10 Best Matcha Green Tea Smoothie Recipes
1. Strawberry Banana Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
2. Blueberries and Cream Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
3. Matcha Connection Green Tea Power Smoothie
4. Matcha SuperFood Smoothie
5. Matcha Green Tea Smoothie with Peaches
6. Almond Matcha Superfood Smoothie
7. Matcha Green Tea Slim Down Smoothie
8. Matcha Mania Fountain of Youth Smoothie
9. Matcha Morning Vanilla Latte Smoothie
10. Tropical Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
So there you have it!
Our top 10 choices for the best Matcha Green Tea Smoothie!
Check out the infographic below!
Copy and Paste the Code Below to Share this Image On Your Site
Matcha is an incredible superfood and by working it into your diet, you can take advantage of all of the benefits of this awesome green tea.
Smoothies are a great way to get extra matcha into your system and these recipes are the perfect solution to the problem of how to do that.
Do yourself a favor and pick up one of the recommended matcha green tea powders today and try it in a smoothie, you'll be glad you did!
We'd love to hear what you think!
Please leave your comments and questions below.