What is the best matcha powder on Amazon? Our top pick is Encha Organic Ceremonial Grade matcha! We analyzed the most popular and highest-rated matcha tea brands on Amazon and reviewed them by taste, grind, color, price, and more.
When it comes to matcha powder, there are a lot of options out there. But if you're looking for the best of the best, look no further than our favorite pick on Amazon: The 2023 Best Matcha Powder.
Matcha powder is an elevation of the traditional tea, made from finely ground green tea leaves, and it's perfect for creating traditional matcha green tea or using it in baking and smoothies. It has a rich, umami flavor that's perfect for those who are looking for the best way to start their day. Plus, it's packed with antioxidants and helps boost energy levels.
We've included a variety of matcha powders on our list, so there's sure to be one that meets your specific needs, and a buyer's guide with everything you need to know about matcha powder to make an informed purchase.
Whether you're new to matcha or a longtime fan. We think you'll find the perfect powder on our list. So, let's get started.
1. Encha Matcha
Are you looking for the best matcha powder that is both high quality and affordable? Think about Encha Matcha. This premium organic matcha powder is made from high-quality, first-harvest matcha leaves and has a rich, creamy flavor perfect for making delicious lattes, smoothies, and baking recipes. It's also important to note that Encha is the only company that offers ceremonial grade matcha as well as first-harvest latte-grade matcha, the highest possible quality available.
- Encha Matcha is made from the most delicate tea leaves and is stone ground into a fine powder.
- This high-quality powder is perfect for ceremonial style matcha
- Encha Matcha is GMO-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
- Each package of matcha green tea powder consists of 2 grams.
- Shipping is done in different countries at a tremendous rate.
- High-quality, ceremonial grade matcha.
- Made from organic ingredients.
- Sustainably grown and sourced.
- Smooth, delicious flavor.
- Encha Matcha is packed with antioxidants and nutrients that boost metabolism and energy levels.
- It promotes a sense of calm and improves concentration and focus ("Zenergy")
- Can also be found in stores such as Walmart
- It can be expensive compared to other brands.
- Doesn't come in a reusable tin
If you're looking for a delicious, healthy way to start your day or refuel during an afternoon slump, Encha Matcha is the best option. This superfood premium matcha powder is perfect for anyone who wants to improve their health and well-being without sacrificing flavor. Trust us. Once you try Encha Matcha, you'll never return to any other brand. We found Encha to be superior in almost all parameters of our tasting and were most impressed by the quality of grind and the overall flavor. For more information about Encha latte grade matcha check out our in-depth Encha Matcha Review!
2. Jade Leaf Matcha
Our product is authentic, Japanese-made matcha and is USDA organic and NON-GMO certified. It's also gluten-free and vegan. Jade Leaf Matcha is of the highest grade matcha and perfect for baking, making lattes, smoothies, and more.
- This matcha powder is made from 100% organic green tea leaves.
- It is grown in the shade, hand-picked, and stone ground into a fine powder.
- It has a bright green color and a smooth texture, with a slightly sweet flavor.
- The size of this organic matcha is 1.6 Ounces per pack costing $ 24.95, and its weight is 30 grams.
- Shipping is done all over the world.
Jade Leaf Matcha is a premium matcha green tea powder with a range of health benefits and can be used in various recipes.
- Matcha also has thermogenic properties, which means it can help boost your metabolism Aid in weight loss
- lower cholesterol
- Improve focus and concentration
- Jade leaf matcha contains high levels of antioxidants and chlorophyll
While Jade Leaf matcha is an excellent choice for many people, Some of the potential drawbacks of this product include:
- First, because our matcha is such high quality, it's more expensive than some other brands.
- Second, matcha can be a bit of an acquired taste - some people love it while others find the flavor too earthy or grassy.
- Also, the fact that it may contain lead can be dangerous.
Jade Leaf matcha is possibly the most well-known matcha brand in the world. We found their ceremonial matcha powder to be tasty, with a nice smooth texture. We absolutely love the process that Jade Leaf matcha goes through before arriving at your door, shade-grown and stone milled for a nice cup of matcha. For more detailed information about Jade Leaf, check out our Jade Leaf Matcha review!
3. Ippodo Matcha
Ippodo Matcha is one of the most popular and premium matcha powders available on Amazon. It is one of our top choices at Matcha Connection due to its premium packaging, high-quality taste profile that is consistent with traditional premium matcha, and the brand's small-batch marketing. It is a great option globally for brewing delectable matcha lattes, matcha green tea, or boosting the nutritious value of your morning smoothie.
- It's made from young, shade-grown tea leaves in Japan
- The brand sells matcha in small batches to ensure optimum freshness.
- It has a smooth, rich flavor with just a hint of sweetness that is simply amazing
- Free shipping on orders over $49.
- Premium packaging
- Delicious flavor.
- High-quality leaves.
- Beautiful packaging
- Very premium color, grind, and taste profile
- It can be hard to find in stores.
- Very expensive
Therefore, if you're searching for a premium matcha powder that will enable you to take advantage of all the amazing benefits of this superfood, Ippodo matcha is a matcha powder that is very impressive and has everything we are looking for.
4. Pique Matcha
Pique Matcha is the best option if you're looking for premium matcha powder that will satisfy. This best powder matcha is created from just the finest ingredients and offers a delicious taste that is perfect for enjoying on its own or adding to your favorite dishes.
- Pique Matcha is available in several – 4 oz, 8 oz, and single-use packets – so you can choose the perfect option for your needs.
- Pique matcha powder comes in three grades, ceremonial, premium, and culinary – so you can select the perfect option based on your desired use.
- No matter your grade, you can expect a delicately sweet taste with grassy and vegetal notes.
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- One of the only matcha brands that offers single-serve matcha packets
- Vibrant green hue consistent with top-grade matchas
- Very convenient single-serve matcha packets for quick on-the-go matcha
- Money back guarantee
- Single-use packets aren't ideal for the environmentally conscience
- Box of 28 matcha packets is very expensive
This has been one of our favorite matchas here at matcha connection, from the easy-to-use matcha packets, to the color and flavor of the matcha. Pique does a great job of meeting the customers needs with a variety of grades, packaging styles, and sizes. Read our in-depth Pique Matcha Review!
5. Aiya Matcha
Aiya Matcha is a premium matcha green tea powder perfect for making delicious and healthy organic matcha drinks. It is hand-picked and shade-grown in the pristine valleys of Kagoshima, Japan, to ensure the highest quality and flavor. Upon tasting, we really enjoyed the traditional flavor, and the taste was sweeter than some other high-quality brands. The color of the matcha powder was good, but the grind was not fine enough which caused a very clumpy tea after whisking.
- Aiya Matcha is available 30g (1oz) tin
- It has a pleasantly mild and sweet taste that makes it perfect for enjoying on its own or adding to your favorite recipes.
- Aiya has top-notch packaging ensuring that your matcha arrives fresh and in perfect condition.
- Family owned and operated since 1888, Aiya is the largest producer of premium Japanese Matcha green tea. Based in Nishio, Japan
- Very good traditional matcha flavor
- Family owned company
- 100% non-GMO
- Very clumpy after whisking
- Not many size options
- Rather expensive
Aiya Matcha is a family-owned, traditional brand that has become one of the largest producers of premium Japanese matcha. We found the taste and color to be on par with many other high-quality matcha brands, however, we were very disappointed with the grind which caused the powder not to dissolve well. We would recommend Aiya matcha for use in matcha lattes, but the price is a little steep for the 30g tin that is available.
6. Purechimp Matcha
Purechimp was at the top of our list of matchas to try on Amazon, they have over 16,000 reviews and boast high-quality ceremonial grade matcha. We were very impressed with the color of the powder, and it also had a beautifully smooth texture and rich flavor. PureChimp matcha is certainly a premium matcha and we absolutely loved the fast shipping, and unique packaging.
- PureChimp matcha is considered a ceremonial grade, meaning it is of the highest quality and perfect for enjoying as a beverage or using recipes.
- It has a smooth, grassy flavor that is not too bitter, making it an excellent choice for those who enjoy their matcha as a latte or ceremonial-style.
- PureChimp offers several different flavors to their matcha, but we only tested the "regular"
- Shipping is a flat rate of $4.99 regardless of the number of tins you order, so it's easy to stock up.
- Packaged in jars that are clean, resealable, and keep the matcha relatively fresh
- Unique packaging
- Very premium, high-quality color and taste on their regular matcha powder
- Offers ceremonial-grade matcha
- 16,000 positive Amazon reviews
- Small sized jars
- Certainly not a "budget" option when needing to purchase two jars
- Not certified organic
- No money-back guarantee mentioned
PureChimp is definitely worth the try and stands out with its fun and unique packaging, as well as it flavorful and smooth matcha powder. I don't know if we would recommend this matcha, mainly due to the fact that it isn't organic and they have very little information about their farm and growing process.
When we tested MatchaDNA, we used the same process and testing as we did with all of the other competitors. The tea was prepared in a ceremonial-style, and at first glance, I could already tell that the vibrant green hue associated with the best matcha powders was missing. The MatchaDNA powder did dissolve nicely and created a pleasing foam at the top, and my first taste was rather refreshing and earthy. However, the somewhat bitter aftertaste was less pleasing and certainly reminded me of a culinary grade matcha tea. The MatchaDNA powder did come in a nice tin container and was very afforably priced at $25 for 1lb.
- Matcha DNA certified organic and comes in different sizes and grades
- Prices are very competitive.
- Shipping is always free within the US.
- Takes great care in packaging their matcha to ensure it arrives fresh and flavorful.
- MatchaDNA has a surprisingly nice, earthy, refreshing, and invigorating flavor
- Affordably priced
- Certified organic
- Taste is not on par with other top-brand matchas
- Dull green color synonymous with sencha
- Not grown and harvested in Japan
MatchaDNA Organic matcha is highly-rated among customers, however, we found it very lacking in color, taste, and origin. MatchaDNA powder would be very suitable for cooking, smoothies, and baked goods, and it did have a better flavor than I was expecting, however, I would not recommend this product as a premium matcha.
8. MicroIngredients Matcha
MicroIgredients is a popular Amazon brand known for making powdered superfoods such as celery, spirulina, and matcha green tea. Their matcha powder is certified organic and comes from Japan, however, they only offer culinary grade matcha which made us skeptical before trying. Surprisingly, It had a soft, mellow taste that would be perfect for smoothies or baked goods, but not ideal for ceremonial drinking.
- MicroIngredients matcha is an affordable matcha, however only offering culinary grade
- Popular matcha brand on Amazon with over 700, 5-star reviews
- Offered in larger sizes - 1 pound and 2 pound resealable packets
- Shipping is always free on orders over $50, so don't hesitate to stock up.
- perfect for those on the go who need an extra energy boost to get through their day.
- Affordably priced at $21.95 per pound
- Certified organic
- Have a bit of a bitter flavor, so it's essential to find a quality brand that suits your taste.
- Low quality powder - only offered in culinary grade
- Not ideal for ceremonial-style matcha drinking
MicroIngredients matcha is a good choice for those looking for larger sizes of culinary grade matcha powder. If you are looking to make ceremonial matcha or matcha lattes we strongly recommend choosing one of our higher-quality choices at the top.
How we picked the best matcha powder on Amazon
Selecting the top 8 best matcha powders on Amazon was no small feat; it required a meticulous process aimed at curating a list that resonates with both seasoned matcha enthusiasts and those embarking on their tea journey.
Our criteria encompassed various factors related to matcha:
- Grade & quality
- Flavor profile
- Customer reviews
We delved into the sourcing practices of each brand, prioritizing those with a commitment to quality, sustainability, and traditional cultivation methods. We considered the matcha's versatility, whether it's ideal for traditional tea ceremonies or can also be incorporated in matcha lattes and. Customer feedback played a crucial role, ensuring that our selections not only met our standards but also resonated positively with tea lovers. The culmination of these considerations led us to the final list of the top 8 best matcha powders on Amazon, representing a diverse range of options that cater to different preferences and elevate the matcha experience for our readers.
We reviewed all of the most popular matcha brands on Amazon to help you be the most informed the next time you go to buy matcha. We found that Amazon has a good selection of high-quality matcha powders and Prime shipping makes it the ideal place to purchase matcha. Encha Matcha took our top spot on this list determined by taste, color, aroma, price, and overall satisfication.
We hope you found this review to be informative and that you will try one of these products. For more information on our favorite matchas check out our best matcha powder article!
Best Matcha Powder
- Encha Ceremonial Grade Matcha
- Hand-picked from organic farm in Uji, Japan
- First Harvest Matcha - Vibrant green color
- Highest quality matcha, never bitter
- Our Rating: 4.9 of 5 stars
- Tenzo Organic Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Authentic Japanese Matcha
- Rich in antioxidants, helps boost metabolism
- Ceremonial Grade - Vibrant Green Color
- Pique Matcha - Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Harvested from a family-owned organic tea farm in Japan
- Increases energy and focus
- Highest-quality, shade grown ceremonial-grade
- Our Rating: 4.8 of 5 stars
- Kenko Matcha Organic Ceremonial Matcha
- Gold Class Ceremonial Grade Matcha
- Country of Origin: Japan
- First Harvest Matcha - Vibrant Green in Color
- Our Rating: 4.8 of 5 stars
What does matcha taste like?
The taste of matcha is determined by several different factors, the main ones being origin and grade. Origin has to due with the country, climate, and cultivation methods. Matcha from China is grown in a different climate with differing soil and ecosystem compared to matcha from Japan. There can even be distinctions in matcha based on the regions within countries. Matcha grade plays one of the biggest factors in determining flavor. Ceremonial grade matcha is the highest grade and it carries a more complex umami flavor, with grassy notes along with sweetness and a nutty finish. Lower quality matcha grades can have a more bitter flavor due to the type of leaves used in the cultivation process. We have found the best matcha to be ceremonial grade matcha that comes from the Uji region of Japan.
What happens if you drink matcha every day?
Drinking matcha tea every day can result in some very noticeable benefits such as improved mood, longer-lasting energy, and other potential benefits such as weight loss, improved brain function, and more! Although we recommend drinking matcha on a consistent basis to take advantage of all of its health benefits, we don't recommend drinking more than two cups of matcha per day.
Where can I find high quality matcha powder?
Although there are different places where high quality matcha can be found, we always recommend ordering through Amazon for faster delivery times, more product reviews, and better return policies. However, not all matcha sold on Amazon is high quality, in fact, a lot of matcha sold on Amazon is actually low quality. There are many Chinese matcha sellers that do not produce high quality Japanese matcha tea, therefore, we recommend only buying from brands such as Encha, Jade Leaf, and Ippodo, where the matcha is grown by Japanese farmers, in the best regions of Japan.